Cephiro

NaNoWriMo 2014

Pixie

• There is only Hitzusen
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: NaNoWriMo 2014
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »
It's the 3rd.  I only just now have an idea that I think I'll work with.  I decided I didn't feel like working on an old thing. I'd rather write a brand new thing, and it will be silly fluff.  We'll see if I can get caught up. 

Down and I might be moving into a house mid month, so we will see what our word counts do.

If it makes you feel better, it's the sixth day, I haven't written since the fourth, I'm behind, and now I'm switching to a completely new story. Different fandom and everything. Bleh.

And good luck with moving~!

Camisado

• Should have wished for unicorns
    • View Profile
    • Camisado.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 01:34:42 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if I should give up, because I have assignments due at the beginning of next month and still have to cram in all the studying as well. Between full time work and part time study I was just managing it, but I was hoping for this weekend to have time to catch up on about 6-12k words and then I got lumbered with some out of hours work that is not going well so far and half the day's wasted.

But I also don't want to give up on NaNo because I will feel like a failure, hahaha.

Edit: Sorry to vent, I was also feeling super sick! I feel a bit better having shared this and had a cup of tea. xD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:42:15 PM by Camisado »

moonsea

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
i'm currently thinking about to postpone it to next year,not feeling inspired and haven't got enough time.Sigh.

Camisado

• Should have wished for unicorns
    • View Profile
    • Camisado.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »
I ended up having to quit because I can't fit both NaNo and study in at the same time.

Now I'm just cheering on Rev! And anyone else in this thread that needs cheering on. :D

suzanami

• find me in the fuurio gutter
    • View Profile
    • MKR tag on my fandom blog
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 05:11:15 PM »
2014 hasn't been a good year for NaNo.  just about everyone I know that's doing it is struggling at best.  I haven't written since day two and it's awful because I have all the time to do it right now since I'm not working, but I just don't want to.  I feel like I'm wasting this opportunity that others would kill to have, so the guilt doesn't motivate me, either.  my project fucking sucks though.

Milieva

• Pillar
  • I am your Lord and Master
    • View Profile
    • Definitely Not Tokyo
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »
I've not been doing much writing.  By not much, I mean, none.  I can't get into a story right now.  My brain is caught up on setting up house.
Icon image by the fabulous Suzanami. Felt appropriate.

Down

• kono sekai wa hontou ni utsukushii ka
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
*waves hands* I think I made it to about 500 words on day two, then just went NOPE. Too much else to think about. Moving! Etc! ...Plus my laptop died for a while in there (and she's still kinda dubious now D:)

Revolutionaren

• OH CLAMP
    • View Profile
    • Everyday I'm Tumblrin'
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 12:11:14 AM »

It's not even remotely finished and I think a lot of it needs cutting but whooooooooo!!!
Should have wished for unicorns.

Somariel

• Bookwyrm
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr account
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2014, 12:18:27 AM »

It's not even remotely finished and I think a lot of it needs cutting but whooooooooo!!!

Congrats! It's highly probable that some of it needs cutting. The one year that I actually made it past 50k (my final count for the month was more than 51k), when I went back to edit it, I ended up cutting around 4000 words just by removing all of the little tricks I had used to reach 50k.
Of course I'm normal...I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world.

suzanami

• find me in the fuurio gutter
    • View Profile
    • MKR tag on my fandom blog
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »

CONGRATS THO!!