working on a new layout

Milieva

• Pillar
  • I am your Lord and Master
    • View Profile
    • Definitely Not Tokyo
working on a new layout
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:04:57 AM »
I am working on a new layout for Definitely Not Tokyo. I was wanting some imput.

I am thinking of doing something similar to a travel website or something very simple and organized.? Or I may play off the same idea, but use more colour.

I want your thoughts.? I have this sofar, but I don't know if I like it. It changes from day to day as I play with coding features.

If any one wants to suggest a new colour, I can tone it over to that. even linking an image or telling a character you want to see might be helpful. Just say something.? Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:22:10 PM by Captain Milieva »

Ai

• Hiding in Closets since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • [Ai's El-Jay]
Re: working on a new layout
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 05:10:26 AM »
Mil, you might want to fix the link for DNT itself; the URL was spelled wrong. D:

Otherwise, I like the idea of a travel layout ... however, you already have my opinions. xD I rather like simple color schemes, rather than colorful ones. As for suggestions on colors, I really can't think at the moment, so if I come up with something, I'll definitely be sure to let you know. :3
I'm that girl who changes her avatar a little too often. x3 And proud.

current avatar made by umi_mizuno @ LJ <3

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:12:46 AM »
I like the layout, simple yet complex at the same time!
Gliding through a river light.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 07:08:32 AM »
Im not too big on lots of colors. I like a main color with complimenting or monochramatic colors myself. Though I really like the idea of a travel webpage.
Welcome to the Eagle Vision Show!

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 12:12:26 AM »
Well how about the colors red, green, and blue symbolizing the three knights?

Milieva

• Pillar
    • View Profile
    • Definitely Not Tokyo
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »
So yeah... I take a mostly blue and orange picture and make the layout pink....? What ever

http://www.psynos.net/rayearth/test/test.html

the green will be white later on, I still need to change the css for the content and change it all over and reorganize and edit typos.? If you notice any mistakes please point them out.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:21:55 PM by Captain Milieva »

Rogue

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 04:36:52 AM »
Whatever you pick, it should be good.  Besides, you're hard at work on this, so we'd better appreciate it.

suzanami

• find me in the fuurio gutter
    • View Profile
    • MKR tag on my fandom blog
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 04:34:10 PM »
I'd lighten the transparency of the main bg.  It's a bit too strong... It kinda intimidates me.  And the sea green bg of the frame doesn't seem to be FROM anywhere in the layout image.  I suggest a light blue.  The menu looks awesome, though.
Just my two cents.  *throws in an extra nickel while she's at it*

Milieva

• Pillar
    • View Profile
    • Definitely Not Tokyo
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 02:28:27 PM »
I'd lighten the transparency of the main bg.? It's a bit too strong... It kinda intimidates me.?
Thank you for the constructive imput. I agree with that statement, but it is still the rough draft.

And the sea green bg of the frame doesn't seem to be FROM anywhere in the layout image.? I suggest a light blue.
Notice my earlier comment.  That is the current main frame of  the current layout. That is why it doesn't match, I was just letting it pic up a frame so I can set the width correctly.   It shall be white later on.

For anyone that wants to know, I am going to try to pump out a few episode summaries a week, so I can get that section finished, and I will also try to get back on a scanning schedule so I can get the gallery finished for the most part.

IF there is anything else you want to see in the site, this is the place to tell me.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 02:14:45 AM »
It's very cute! But I don't know for some reason the Mokona pic doesn't seem to go with the rest of the layout O.o.