You know you're obsessed with Rayearth when ..

Started by Ai, March 29, 2006, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
WOOOOW, Down's dress is awesome! I love it! The colour and the lacing are gorgeous  :D
The bouquets are wonderful! I'm not sure I've understood the reference to the manga... The colours are really beautiful, though!<3

You know you're obsessed with Rayearth when you dye your (really long) hair red, you do a braid and feel a little like Hikaru  ;D

August 03, 2016, 11:03:23 PM #61 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:05:53 PM by Milieva
Oh, sorry. I suppose I didn't explain myself as well with that, as Rev and Cami were at the wedding, and Suz and others have heard about it lots, I forget it is not common knowledge that I made the bouquets out of volume 1 of the manga.  I got a used copy and cut it up to make the flowers.  You can see more detail in this photo.  I can try to get some close ups of them this week, if you want?

ALSO:  can we see pics of the hair?

Hey Milieva, sorry for the late reply! When I saw the first picture you attached, I didn't notice that the bouquets were made out of the manga.  OMG! Thank you for posting your pictures, they're amazing! I can't believe that! Did you make those bouquets? They're so beautiful and artistic and creative - I'm stunned, ahah!
The idea of using the manga in order to create those bouquets is wonderful. It really shows how much this manga has changed your life, in a way - did you and Down meet each other thanks to Rayearth? This is so romantic, I'm melting <3
RAYEARTH CHANGES LIVES - I want to hug my manga right now XD

I have a picture of my red hair somewhere, but I don't know how to attach it here  :-[ Now my hair is kind of reddish-brownish, maybe I will dye it again... It's so hard to make up your mind when your hair is really long and you have to wait years in order to get your natural colour back XD

Quote from: Ithil on September 06, 2016, 07:41:42 PM
The idea of using the manga in order to create those bouquets is wonderful. It really shows how much this manga has changed your life, in a way - did you and Down meet each other thanks to Rayearth? This is so romantic, I'm melting <3

We did! (Mils invited me to the forum and we kept talking! With one gap of several years where I had a nervous breakdown but then came back to fandom and we started talking again, and then met in real life because Mils invited herself to come stay with me, and ended up... actually dating...)

The bouquets Mils made are amazing. <3

... When you disappear from the forum for about a year, and you suddenly look for it again and post something. Like this.
It's been such a long time - I MISSED YOU GUYS!

Quote from: Down on October 22, 2017, 06:06:14 PM
Quote from: Ithil on September 06, 2016, 07:41:42 PM

We did! (Mils invited me to the forum and we kept talking! With one gap of several years where I had a nervous breakdown but then came back to fandom and we started talking again, and then met in real life because Mils invited herself to come stay with me, and ended up... actually dating...)

The bouquets Mils made are amazing. <3

Your story is really amazing and I feel so happy for you both! I want to hug you haha! :D

Quote from: Ithil on November 18, 2017, 08:06:08 PM
... When you disappear from the forum for about a year, and you suddenly look for it again and post something. Like this.
It's been such a long time - I MISSED YOU GUYS!

Oh, well. Here I am - again.
I'm suddenly feeling nostalgic - why do I miss Rayearth right now? Why Fuu, Hikaru and Umi are haunting my mind after such a long time? I think I've always kept all the characters in a secret little place within my heart. Always, since I read the manga so many years ago. They're always there. And sometimes, that little hidden place starts beating faster and faster - that's when Rayearth feels come back. Like a flood. And it's beautiful <3

You two look totally gorgeous. Not sure I would be willing to cut up the books though. Wow!
"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" -Rumi