Inouva in the manga universe

Started by Somariel, December 07, 2013, 01:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do people have any ideas for how Inouva could have a) existed in the manga universe and b) survived Part 1?
Of course I'm normal...I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world.

I should have replied sooner. I like Innova too and I wish he was in the manga! He is loyal, devoted, calm, collected and a good right hand man.

for part (a) You could say Em want to give an assistant to Zagato and she trusts Innova,  so she let Innouva stay by the High Priest.

As for how Innouva could survive an attack by the magic knights, would you like Innoua to have a "face heel turn" like Caldina and Ascot?

I could propose one way to let Innouva survive is to have  Zagato put a spell on Innouva's mind to make him leave and the spell was broken when Zagato died?

To love another person is to see the face of God.

Greater love got no man than he, who lay down his life for his friends.

Well, Emeraude gifting Zagato a spirit creature (someone to be by his side and to care for him, as she couldn't?) would be a decent enough backstory in manga too...... as for surviving, well, Zagato freezing/sending him away somehow/turning him to stone when he loses to the knights but before being wounded badly enough to die (at the point where it is inevitable Innouva is going to lose, but he won't back down, because he's giving his all for Zagato - just as Alcyone did. Only while Zagato doesn't expend the energy to save Alcyone... Innouva has the connection to Emeraude, which might mean Zagato still allows himself to care about Innouva somewhat?).

Biggest question over his survival would be 'why would he want to keep on living', but an order from Zagato would be a good start? To live on, there's nothing better he can do for Zagato's sake?

.........................I also kinda want to suggest Ascot should adopt him because they're both kinda lonely slightly-broken very-loyal creatures, but that's probably an entirely different fic to the one you're planning................ XD

Down: I really love your idea of,Ascot adopting Innouva! I hope the Knights would forgive Innouva and also establish a friendly relationship with him if that takes place.

April 03, 2014, 05:48:42 AM #4 Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:10:42 AM by Somariel
Those are some great ideas, Down. And your idea of Zagato ordering Innouva to live just gave me the idea of having him sort of attach himself to Lantis after Lantis' return because he views Lantis as Zagato's legacy or something.

Now I just have to decide if he maintains the human form after Zagato's death or reverts to his animal form. If he reverts to his animal form, I could see Ascot at least making an effort to become friends with him.

I would be excited if you would do a fic about Innouva! Can't wait!

April 04, 2014, 06:32:59 PM #6 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:51:17 PM by Somariel
This fic idea has snowballed on me. I had intended to only cover the manga time period, but my muse just told me that it really needs to start when Emeraude gifts Innouva to Zagato.

ETA: So something clicked in me earlier today and I've now written a scene from this fic for the current challenge on Fan Flashworks.

I just did another scene from this fic for the new challenge on Fan Flashworks.