HELP! Fic idea won't leave me alone. (MKR/AtLA fusion)

Started by Somariel, May 09, 2014, 11:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I recall reading someone's review of an MKR episode where they describe Ascot summoning Atalante as 'Evil Toph chooses Caterpie!' They're just green counterparts from different series and everyone knows it (well, everyone who knows both series, anyway). It's awesome. But, you're definitely right about him not quite fitting into the same kind of role as Toph. Like, I can't see him pulling off a double life for so long like she did, obedient helpless child to the household, kickass earthbender anywhere else. Ascot's not nearly that good an actor.

Your ideas for Ascot and Caldina sound amazing, by the way. By all means, feel free to use any of the bits I contribute here. What you've figured out so far sounds really good, and I look forward to reading more about it! :D With any luck, I might even do some fanart from this AU for the Knight Weeks.
If your headcanon for Ascot's backstory doesn't make me want to cry, I probably won't believe it.

I've read that review as well, although it was after I had assigned character roles for the fusion, but it really was nice to find out that other people see the similarities between them as well.

If you do decide to do fanart for this fic for the character weeks, just give me a heads up and I'll PM you the character descriptions I have, since I've changed hairstyles for at least some of the characters, including Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu.
Of course I'm normal...I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world.

Getting into Season 2 in the MKR rewatch has for some reason gotten me thinking about this fic again and I've been finding myself bothered by another hair color issue - namely, the fact that all of the MKR characters have hair colors that are much brighter than any of the ATLA characters' hair colors. So I think what I'm going to do is to darken the hair colors of the MKR characters.

So Fuu, Eagle, Emeraude, and Lafarga will all have the golden-brown hair color Fuu has in the anime; Hikaru and Nova will have dark red hair; Caldina will have flat-out red hair; Ferio will have dark green hair; and Umi will have dark blue hair. Also, Clef's hair will be white instead of pale lavender and Debonair's hair will be prematurely gray instead of being white.
Of course I'm normal...I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world.