MKR fanmix fodder

Started by suzanami, September 20, 2019, 11:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
what songs remind you of MKR?  if you're making a fanmix or general MKR-themed playlist, what do you have on it? 

I want to expand my own tiny one...

if it might not be totally apparent why a certain song reminds you of MKR, you don't have to justify it if you don't want to!

• le tumblr —> mainfandomdrawings
team-hououji.tumblr.com

a couple that are on mine!

Pompeii (Bastille)
this one especially reminds me of Clef.
We were caught up and lost in all of our vices
In your pose as the dust settled around us
And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills bringing darkness from above

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?

Oh where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?

Better Days (The Goo Goo Dolls)
very post-MKR2
QuoteSo take these words and sing out loud
'Cause everyone is forgiven now
'Cause tonight's the night the world begins again

The Call (Regina Spektor)
very much suited for MKR2
QuoteJust because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light
You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye

City of Angels (30 Seconds to Mars)
QuoteLost in the city of angels
Down in the comfort of strangers, I
Found myself in the fire burnt hills
In the land of a billion lights
• le tumblr —> mainfandomdrawings
team-hououji.tumblr.com

These are. Random, but as a start at 1am (and I have none of my old playlists and no current general Rayearth one so obviously I need to fix that...)

I have accidentally earwormed Mils (SORRY LOVE) with this recently but 30 seconds to mars - hurricane always gives me great 'and everything is GOING DOWN IN FLAMES' feelings for a strange mix of Zagato-Emeraude-Lantis-Clef.

Fight song - Rachel Platten

Franklin - Paramore

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac, also Gold Dust Woman

The show must go on - Queen (also who wants to live forever ON REPEAT FOR DAYS WHILE I HAVE FEELINGS ABOUT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS because I am never going to stop being the 13 year old with Queen on repeat having too many feelings about fictional characters.)

........I'm in love with my car - Queen for Zazu always though Good Omens is currently trying to steal it away~ <3

In a state - Unkle

At least one version of 'everybody wants to rule the world' ends up on most every playlist I have that relates to Eagle. I am not even sure why. Also Bastille - Icarus

Shippy because shippy - Nothing holding me back - Shawn Mendes (the radio earwormed me on this one persistently until I couldn't get it out of my head)

Stray Italian Greyhound - Vienna Teng

I like a lot of Vienna Teng on my Rayearth playlists but I like a lot of Vienna Teng anyway so XD BUT ESPECIALLY Level Up. (Warning: song in unusual time signature. I think it's 7/4 iirc?)

King and Lionheart - of monsters and men. (...........Shippy battle couples forever?)

If this is it - Newton Faulkner

Don't let go (Love) - En Vogue

................Looking at my playlists on my laptop, the largest current one is the Tatra/Caldina Woke Up Married Then Caldina Booked It Out Of There And Cephiro Is When They Meet Again playlist which. Uh.