The New Rules Post

Started by Milieva, October 05, 2012, 06:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 05, 2012, 06:32:49 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:22:02 AM by Milieva
A few things have changed since this forum was last active.  We are now open registration, with email verification before you can begin posting. If we have a problem with spam bots again, that cannot be settled with our security protocol, registration will once again be by request only.

But beside that, our rules are rather simple and straightforward.
:THE RULES:

USER NAMES: Please choose something unique. Preferably don't use the name of a character from the series, it gets confusing quickly. Check the member list.  I don't want to see a Madoushi_Clef and a MasterMage_Clef  it is too much for my brain to handle in my old age. 

AVATARS: I would prefer you use your own or one I do not recognize as another board members from else where, unless they say you can use it. *sigh*

LURKING: If you join, please post at least an intoduction of who you are. We like to know who is reading our boards. Don't just join for the sake of joining.  You will be deleted after so many days of inactivity.

OTPS:   Every person on this board has a unique opinion on the series. Why wouldn't they have one on the characters as well?  Please be respectful of others' pairing choices because you want them to respect yours.

TROLLING:  Anyone who is abusing this forum or its members will be banned, both by name and IP.  The council will give warning first, but if we have to ask more than once?

ADVERTISING: I would prefer to see very few or no links outside of Sayonara no Hanataba. Thank you.

SPOILERS:  By joining this forum, it is assumed that you are fully or almost fully informed on the series. Thus, one must assume that many spoilers shall exist in topics populating this forum. Therefore, if you don't know who Umi, Fuu, and Hikaru are? You are in the wrong place. 

HOTLINKING:  Please do not link a file on a site that is not yours.  People pay good money for their bandwidth.  Upload photos to something like photo bucket. And with the avatars, you can upload to the forum, so there is no excuse for it.  Anyone caught leeching another site will be warned, and then banned for repeat offences.

NECROPOSTING: This isn't a problem  We went on a long hiatus, so if you see an old post you wish to reply to, go right on and wake that creature up. The only exception to this rule is posts labelled 'OLD!'. These are typically threads that now have a recent counterpart, and will often be locked. Check for the new thread before you go posting in the old one.

TOPIC:  The titles are there for a reason. It gives you an idea as to what is in the thread. I know there is a tendency to meander around a topic, but please try to bring it back. It is annoying to go to a thread about OTPs and find that the conversation is now about whose RL pet is cooler. 

FOUL LANGUAGE:  I really don't have a problem with using foul language on the board when you are exceptionally overwhelmed with FEELS, but do try to keep it to a minimum, or I will set the board to swap words. This rule can be changed if swears make any members uncomfortable.

RESPECT: The rule that has been pounded into your head since birth. "Treat others as you, yourself, would like to be treated"

If there is anything you would like to add or report, you are free to contact me at any time. 

E-Mail: milieva.p[at]gmail.com or board[at]cephiro.psynos.net  (subject: Cephiro)

Thank you for your time, please go and have fun.

May 24, 2013, 04:16:24 AM #1 Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:16:25 AM by Milieva
I keep forgetting to add my update to the rules post here:

As your benevolent dictator, I decree that no Cephiro Meetups of three or more are to be planned without an open invitation to Yours Truely.

I say, three or more because Suz and Jam are sisters, and therefore see one another frequently and Rev and Cami spend a ridiculous amount of time together.  Then again, if Down and I were on the same continent....  We?d never get anything done (Umi/Clef week was proof of that).

I'm not saying I MUST attend. I'd just like to be invited.  I'm fun. I promise. Ask Down.

I might eat all your chocolate, though.

Quote from: Milieva on May 24, 2013, 04:16:24 AM
I keep forgetting to add my update to the rules post here:

As your benevolent dictator, I decree that now Cephiro Meetups of three or more are to be planned without an open invitiation to yours truely.
I?m not saying I MUST attend. I?d just like to be invited.  I?m fun. I promise. Ask Down.

I might eat all your chocolate, though.

('no Cephiro Meetups', I think?)

I'm your wife/pet dragon, and therefore all invitations which include you also apply to me, right? (I'll bring chocolate!)

Quote from: Down on May 30, 2013, 09:10:39 PM
I'm your wife/pet dragon, and therefore all invitations which include you also apply to me, right? (I'll bring chocolate!)

Quite right.  All meetup need to include an invitation to us, because reasons.