Obscure car names reference post!

Started by suzanami, March 18, 2013, 08:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
(Wasn't quite sure where to put this post. Mils, if you think it fits someplace else better, do go ahead and move it.)

As we all know, pretty much everything in Cephiro is named after cars because CLAMP likes to keep themselves amused.  Some fans like to keep with this theme when creating original characters, places, etc etc.  I thought we could drop a bunch of obscure car names (or car-related words) that could be up for grabs for ficcing and whatnot.  (They really don't even have to be that obscure, just Cephiro-sounding.)

I've got a couple.  They're kind of feminine-sounding ones when I was trying to pick out an additional name for an old OC.

• Saleen
  • Lumina
  • Reatta
  • Cordia
  • Acura
• le tumblr —> mainfandomdrawings
team-hououji.tumblr.com

March 18, 2013, 09:59:46 PM #1 Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:01:57 PM by Camisado
I'll add some SEAT ones! (Spanish version of Volkswagen). They're mostly Spanish place names so they're actually pretty cool.

• Leon ("lay-on")
  • Ibiza
  • Cordoba
  • Toledo
  • Altea
  • Marbella (the double L would be pronounced as a Y)
  • Arosa
  • Inca
  • Alhambra (technically it's the royal palace)

There's also "Cupra" (coop-ra) which I really like the sound of, which is a model name for extremely sporty versions of the above. xD

WE HAD A TOLEDO. I HATED IT SO MUCH. Have never felt so ill in a car DDDDDDDDDD:

Er. ...These are all going to be names I have or am probably GOING to use in fic somewhere because I am the idiot with a cast of over 100 and counting in the Protecting You stories. Steal at will! I only stuck with the car names for the Cephirans, but when I needed an ENTIRE COUNCIL and random others - er. Yes. (Also there's an assassin code-named Hardwick after the most evil roundabout EVER. T'ain't so bad now that one of the roads has a flyover option, but, yes, EVIL. XD)

• Atenza
  • Zafira
  • Ales
  • Scirocco
  • Miura
  • Sirion
  • Dart
  • Cima
  • Raum
  • Tuscan
  • Yugo
  • Healey
  • Gallardo
  • Carrara
  • Altea
  • Morris
  • Trabant
  • Elan
  • Audi
  • Octavia
  • Testearossa
  • Mulsanne
  • Xantia
  • Elcar
  • Exige
  • Yaris
  • Passat
  • Skoda
  • Liesse
  • Mehari
  • Arcadianne
  • Demio
  • Edsel
  • Ales

SOME of which cause me to giggle thinking about them as names SO I DID (er. HI SKODA :D) And I have a Spark, who was named for an ancient AU character and before they made a car with the same name. XD

All of which are actually off the cast list, I can't remember where I saved the future-reference-names. But these are all car makes or models, heh.

Also I came home behind a Pajero tonight. XDD HELLO MONSTER FRIEND OF ASCOT.

Wait, I'm not doing this right, am I?

In all seriousness, here are some Toyota models.

Alphard
Altezza
Auris
Avensis
Aygo
Camry
Carina
Corolla
Cressida
Emina
Granvia
Hiace
Hilux
Paseo
Passo
Previa
Prius
Sequoia
Verso
Yaris

I think Toyota names are pretty good, I just lol at the image of expectant Cephiran mothers thumbing through an AutoTrader for babynames.
Should have wished for unicorns.

Quote from: Revolutionnaire on March 22, 2013, 10:04:14 PM
I think Toyota names are pretty good, I just lol at the image of expectant Cephiran mothers thumbing through an AutoTrader for babynames.

*grins* I like What Car mag for them, personally. XDD (Not least because my dad buys it moderately regularly so there's usually a handy reference in the house? XD)

May 23, 2013, 01:40:59 PM #5 Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:48:21 AM by Somariel
I'm putting this at the top for easy reference:
Autozamian vehicle car names
GLK
MDX
SLK
SRX
RDX
MKZ
GTI
MPV
TSX

These are a few names I've seen above bumpers:
Atamian
Jetta
Laredo
Maserati
Sorento
Vue

And here's another one:
Elantra

A few more:
Avalon
Muzi
Sonata
Sonoma
Tiguan

Here's some more:
Aveo
Caliber
Seibring
Sentra
Venza

Three more:
Murano
Tacoma
Versa

More car names:
Acadia
Dakota
Forester
Malibu
Optima
Silverado
Tahoe
Taurus
Tundra
Yukon

More of them:
Cobalt
Durango
Impreza
Montego
Stratus
Verano

Even more car names:
Berndt
Galant
Routan
Sedona
Sienna
Touareg
Of course I'm normal...I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world.

I only have one, I'm using it in a fic myself, and I'm really surprised not to see it here because I'm pretty sure I've seen it used as a Rayearth OC before, but anyway...

Miata.
If your headcanon for Ascot's backstory doesn't make me want to cry, I probably won't believe it.

This is extremely handy reference for later. Though when I get stuck for MKR names I just usually take a glance around the parking lot at the mall or something. I have OCs I've used a few car names for.

Elantra
Camry
Sentra
Solara
Impreza
Avalon

I use to have a Toyota Camry, so I'm a bit overly fond of that OC. haha.
Legend says when you can't sleep,
it's because you're awake in someone else's dream.
So that's why I can never sleep properly...
Who the bloody hell is dreaming about me because so help me God,
I will smother them in the face with a throw pillow.

Ranker Car List

I've been going through a bunch of these looking for a few names. I'd compile a real list of some of the good ones, but I'm doing just about everything from my phone until I can get a new laptop battery, so that's a little difficult. Just two to add for now.

Terraza
Java
If your headcanon for Ascot's backstory doesn't make me want to cry, I probably won't believe it.

Most of these are names I saw on car bumpers and have been sitting around in my notebook for ages waiting to be transferred to the computer, but the first three were mentioned in the chat recently.

Cavalier
Curren
Eldorado
Escalade
Juke
Lucerne
Milan
Pontiac
Savana
Solara
Tuscon
Vanagon
Velaster

More car names that have been sitting around my notebook for ages:

Autozamian vehicles
CRV
HRV
WRX

Other names
Almera
Altima
Bugatti
Citroen
Edge
Forte
Hoffmann (this is apparently an awful car, so might be appropriate for an awful character)
Impala
Kia
Kubelwagen
LaCross
Magentis
Maybach
Micra
Monterey
Navara
Peugeot
Rio
Veyron