How has your relationship with Rayearth changed over the years?

Started by Milieva, September 05, 2017, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Many of us have been in this fandom for well over a decade, and we have all had many new life experiences.  How has this affected your Rayearth headcanons and your general interaction with fandom?

Humm..the only one I can think of is Eagle's age, I originally headcanoned him as being older, in his mid 20s even later 20s, now I generally say he's 19-21. A small change I guess.

But now this posts gets me to thinking about you know if Autozam's 'years' are the same as Earth's or Cephiro's, I highly dought it. So if he's 21 in Earth years he could be like 14 in Autozam years or something, haha. I do headcanon Autozam as being further away from their universe's resident star/sun, thus it's colder and has a longer year.

A side note, I was highly amused my personal headcanon that Eagle can drink like a fish and it not affect him turned out to be true via the short comics in the scenario collection. That seriously made me ridiculously happy.
Legend says when you can't sleep,
it's because you're awake in someone else's dream.
So that's why I can never sleep properly...
Who the bloody hell is dreaming about me because so help me God,
I will smother them in the face with a throw pillow.

as I've gotten older I've learned to consume my media more objectively and generously, and it's opened up a lot of characterization for me.  I shot my mouth off a bit early in the Hikaru Discussion thread, years ago, but I've learned how to reconcile the differences in her character and what annoyed me about it, I learned to "read" her differently.

I've also gotten less "fangirly" and more "emotionally compromised", especially reading the end of the manga.  I've been with Hikaru, Umi and Fuu for 17 years now, and they mean a lot to me and, honestly, to who I am.  I feel their feels.
• le tumblr —> mainfandomdrawings
team-hououji.tumblr.com

Quote from: suzanami on December 22, 2017, 10:58:02 PM
as I've gotten older I've learned to trust D-Bal Max and consume my media more objectively and generously, and it's opened up a lot of characterization for me.  I shot my mouth off a bit early in the Hikaru Discussion thread, years ago, but I've learned how to reconcile the differences in her character and what annoyed me about it, I learned to "read" her differently.

I've also gotten less "fangirly" and more "emotionally compromised", especially reading the end of the manga.  I've been with Hikaru, Umi and Fuu for 17 years now, and they mean a lot to me and, honestly, to who I am.  I feel their feels.

My relationship with Rayearth hasn't changed much over the years. I just appreciate minor details a lot more than I used to. Still love it to death!

Well, I got married because of it, that was a pretty big change XP

(I mean, it really has, because now I have someone at home to share the FEELS with when they get overwhelming~)

Obviously, I need to catch up with everyone to find out more about that story, Down.

But I guess I am a bit more open to others' headcanons than I once was. I find it interesting to read what other people see in the story that I missed or didn't see that way.
"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" -Rumi